When in the worm gear and worm reducer worm helix Angle is small, such as single head worm, the worm stop running, the worm gear and worm to a backward sliding force, cannot make worm reverse rotation, this phenomenon is called worm self-locked. This is called the Angle of friction, the tangent of the friction Angle is the coefficient of friction f, tangent of phi is equal to f. The smaller the friction Angle, the stronger the self-locking capability. Single cochlear spiral Angle is small, and the friction Angle is small, so it has strong self-locking ability.
In the transmission mode of the reducer, the worm gear reducer has no characteristic of other gear transmission, that is, the worm can turn the worm wheel easily, but the worm wheel cannot turn the worm. This is because the structure and transmission of the worm gear reducer are realized through friction. The self-locking function of worm gear is widely used in mechanical application, such as winding machine, conveying equipment and so on.
Related Industry Knowledge
- Dc motor control principle
- Gear reducer machine features
- Gear reducer is generally used for low speed an...
- Add items for worm gear reducer
- Type of worm gear reducer
- Material selection of worm gear reducer
- Maintenance instructions for worm gear reducer
- The load factor of worm gear reducer
- The reason of using helical gear in gear combin...
- Classification of European cranes
- 100m retractable cable reel
- Column Mounted Jib Crane
- Cylindrical Gear Reducer
- lifting electromagnet for handling steel scraps
- Novelty hand pallet truck
- Grab Bucket Overhead Crane
- Difference between HD type crane and LD type crane
- Two orders about 5 ton single girder overhead c...
- electric hoist 30 ton overhead crane